1558 Beach Drive as it could look restored
The 10,000 square foot mansion was designed by brother architects Percy Leonard James and Douglas James for John W. Morris, president of the Wood Motor Co., Ltd., in 1912, at a cost of $25,000. The exterior cladding is split granite veneering up to the second floor on two sides. Shingles and half-timbering make up the rest. The interior features oak paneling, oak flooring, ten fireplaces, and much stained glass (the most beautiful being on the Prospect Place facade).